Postal Delivery in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Postal Delivery in Hua Hin

Post by Pagey »

What do you mean by 'new build' BB ? I visited short term tenants in your house in December 2010 !! Albeit maybe it didn't have a number on the gate post ? :roll:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

[Edit] Personal discussion moved to PM.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
News

Post by News »

We have just gone through another drought with no sign of the postman in our street for three weeks, I received a letter a few days ago which had been date stamped by the Bangkok main sorting office
19 days earlier. The same happened in August last year when we went four weeks without normal deliveries.
It seems that if the local postman is sick or on leave they just don't bother with normal deliveries as he is the only one who can fathom out the haphazard numbering in our area.
alvaro32
Rookie
Rookie

Post by alvaro32 »

If you have a small mail box than The mail carrier just throw in the house. One of My friends, a British husband and wife, who now live in Thailand, have always been so kind to me, sending me gifts and mail carrier throw it in the house.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My mail box is probably of average size, and it makes no difference. The postman hasn't put one letter inside it yet. The best he's done is wedge it between the upright bars of the gate. The only time he hasn't done that is when he's handed the letter to somebody. I've never actually seen him throw anything yet.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Having moved close to Cha Am our mail now gets sent via the Cha Am post office and the service is much better than when we were in HH. Today I received a letter from the UK posted on the 6th Feb, so just 5 days, which must be some kind of record?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I have no problems at Condo Chain. A box at the post office, forget it. So unreliable as I've found out in the past.

Bizarre at it might seem I know some people who actually use a bar address for their mail. Owners are quite happy as it means you'll stay for a beer or three.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

richard wrote:I have no problems at Condo Chain. A box at the post office, forget it. So unreliable as I've found out in the past.

Bizarre at it might seem I know some people who actually use a bar address for their mail. Owners are quite happy as it means you'll stay for a beer or three.
I have had a box at the Main PO for 6 years and absolutely no problem, compared with many friends who have not had mail delivered to their property.

What was so 'unreliable' ?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

PET

At the time (maybe 5 or 6 years back) there were some issues regarding the management of the HH post office. I believe at one stage a team were brought down from Bangkok to help sort the backlog.

At the time, my post was going into a post box and some letters were months old. I suspect the same was true for those waiting for delivery at home so it wasn't just a mailbox problem. Sorry if I mislead you
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Well my mother sent me a letter from Norway before Christmas, I haven't received it yet. This is the second time. Other times letters have arrived from overseas within a week, sometimes a month. I think it's fair to say that the thai postal service is not reliable. Maybe it's the way we write the addresses? Not with thai letters, and maybe the postal service doesn't understand the address? Hell if I know, but very anoying :(
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

There must have been a separate thread on this subject last year about people going to the main post office in HH to query non delivery of post and being invited to go upstairs to see if it could be located. On more than one occasion my wife and I did so and it was total chaos with mail everywhere, so it's a wonder anybody gets any post.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Dannie Boy wrote:There must have been a separate thread on this subject last year about people going to the main post office in HH to query non delivery of post and being invited to go upstairs to see if it could be located. On more than one occasion my wife and I did so and it was total chaos with mail everywhere, so it's a wonder anybody gets any post.

For all of the above reasons a box is much more reliable, at an annual cost of Bht 500
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

B500/month, but how long is the waiting list to get a box? About two years ago when I asked, they said it could take years to get a box.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

wpcoe wrote:B500/month, but how long is the waiting list to get a box? About two years ago when I asked, they said it could take years to get a box.
I have heard that but a friend went in a few months ago and got one there and then - luck I guess that one had just (possibly) become available
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

they have a lot more boxes than they used to have.