Postal Delivery in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

Re: Postal Delivery in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

Could I ask what site you track with please? I'm certainly using the wrong site http://track.thailandpost.co.th/tracking/default.aspx . Here is what what my site displays:
Track.png
It is a real pain not knowing which of 3 post offices your package is going to, but if there's a better tracking site, it will certainly ease that pain.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Same site but as I previously stated it tells me what time the package left "out for delivery.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Every package I have ordered and tracked online tells me what Post Office the package has gone to, usually Mongol office
Thank you, however this was the valuable information I was hoping for. If the package goes out for delivery, it's problem over.

Points 41; Position 18
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

One of the things I have noticed about mail delivery of items that are mailed from the U.S. is that it doesn't matter if items are mailed Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express they both take the same amount of time to get to you, it's just that if you send mail items Priority Mail Express it costs more money.
So if you have items mailed to you from the U.S. just choose Priority Mail and save yourself some money.

Mail delivery in Thailand is incredibly slow and apparently the Thailand Postal Service doesn't know the difference between Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express. :banghead:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A genuine question, because I don't know either - what should the difference be?

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Priority Mail applies to the country where it is posted, be it the USA or anywhere else. Once it gets to Thailand it is then just another postal item, to be delivered whenever.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Big Boy wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 10:07 am A genuine question, because I don't know either - what should the difference be?
Priority Mail International = Delivery in 6-10 Business Days From $23.95 at Post Office locations and online.

Priority Mail Express International = Delivery in 3-5 Business Days From $40.95 at Post Office locations and online.

You can read more about that here:
https://www.usps.com/international/mail ... rvices.htm
Last edited by Name Taken on Fri May 12, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Nereus wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 10:16 am Priority Mail applies to the country where it is posted, be it the USA or anywhere else. Once it gets to Thailand it is then just another postal item, to be delivered whenever.
And that's exactly the reason why I said "So if you have items mailed to you from the U.S. just choose Priority Mail and save yourself some money." in my post.
The Thailand Postal Service really doesn't seem to give a rip about doing their job, Do they? :laugh:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

News wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:28 pm We have just gone through another drought with no sign of the postman in our street for three weeks, I received a letter a few days ago which had been date stamped by the Bangkok main sorting office
19 days earlier.
The same happened in August last year when we went four weeks without normal deliveries.
It seems that if the local postman is sick or on leave they just don't bother with normal deliveries as he is the only one who can fathom out the haphazard numbering in our area.
It seems that a lot of the local Post Offices(Hua Hin, Nakhon Nowhere etc.) in Thailand are a complete mess and they are just totally incompetent of doing their job and delivering mail in a timely fashion for whatever reason.
I just used the USPS website to track my mail package and it said that my mail package had left the BANGKOK MAIL CENTRE 4 days ago(May 8th) and is in transit to the destination.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ And what does the Thai Post tracking service say?
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

hhinner wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 12:52 pm ^^ And what does the Thai Post tracking service say?
It says "Dispatch"

And I have not received my mail package yet, so it's probably sitting in some room at the local Post Office.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So you've just got to get lucky, and choose the right one of 3 to retrieve your package.

Points 41; Position 18
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

hhinner wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 12:52 pm ^^ And what does the Thai Post tracking service say?
Actually, It says May 9 NAKHON SAWAN MAIL CENTER Dispatch

Which means that my mail package is probably sitting in Lat Yao Post Office somewhere.

I don't think anyone on this forum is familiar with the city/town of Lat Yao in Nakhon Sawan Province but this city/town has a lot of bad and corrupt people living in it(mostly Thai's) and Lat Yao is one of those Thai Pride/Thai Kimkhaeng cities that don't like farangs.
There have been a whole buch of Shop Townhouses built in the city/town of Lat Yao recently and almost none of them have sold(they're all empty) and that's more than likely because no one wants to live in Lat Yao and I don't blame them.
The city of Lat Yao in Nakhon Sawan Province SUCKS! and is a totally corrupt, miserable and screwed up city, I am not joking or lying!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Name Taken wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 5:49 pm
Actually, It says May 9 NAKHON SAWAN MAIL CENTER Dispatch
The last package I received said the same and I was notified it was at customs and had to go get it
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
aurelien MT 07
Novice
Novice

Post by aurelien MT 07 »

hi everyone, i'm too struggling with mail receiving, since 2 month i do not receive any letter unless i'm going to Hua-na post office (i live in Kao takieb) to pick up the mail, i also find that a lot of my letter are missing, i even try to send letter to my own house to see if it's work but i have receive only 2 from 5 letter that i have send, i checked at the main Huahin post office they just told me they have nothing, this is really a big problem due that i'm waiting important letter from France, is there anyone still facing this problem and how to get it solve?? thank you in advance for your reply