Third floating market is coming to Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Re: Third floating market is coming to Hua Hin

Post by Frank Hovis »

Will they ever learn?
Will they ever learn ... what ?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Lung Per wrote:Same Same shops. Some browsers, nobody buying.
Do you have any evidence that nobody's buying???
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Pleng wrote:
Lung Per wrote:Same Same shops. Some browsers, nobody buying.
Do you have any evidence that nobody's buying???
Just go and see for yourself! Talk to the shop clerks! That's what I did.
A friend is only one click away
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

You went around and spoke to all the shop clerks in all these places? You must have a lot of time on your hands?
Or did one or two clerks just happen to mention that nobody was buying in their *particular* establishment?

If nobody was buying in any of these places, then the owners wouldn't continue to pay the rents and they would empty out. Clearly this is not the case.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Pleng wrote:If nobody was buying in any of these places, then the owners wouldn't continue to pay the rents and they would empty out. Clearly this is not the case.
He can answer for himself but I don't think he needed to be taken so literally. How many massage shops do you see in the same location that have no customers? In the UK, high street retailers turn over every 3 years. There is always someone new, starry-eyed, who thinks their rubber chickens will make them a fortune. Reality soon bites.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Pleng wrote:You went around and spoke to all the shop clerks in all these places? You must have a lot of time on your hands?
Or did one or two clerks just happen to mention that nobody was buying in their *particular* establishment?

If nobody was buying in any of these places, then the owners wouldn't continue to pay the rents and they would empty out. Clearly this is not the case.

if he is retired of course he has a lot of time
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I speak six languages. Unfortunately Thai is not one of them...Quote Lung Per on another thread

Just go and see for yourself! Talk to the shop clerks! That's what I did.....Quote LP on this thread.

Doesn't add up!!!

Personally I don't care if they open 6 floating markets here. A lot of these places are a convenient way of washing money, and not really targeting the Farang ex pats. I pass the FM on Soi112 most days and there still seems to be plenty of visitors.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

sateeb wrote:I speak six languages. Unfortunately Thai is not one of them...Quote Lung Per on another thread

Just go and see for yourself! Talk to the shop clerks! That's what I did.....Quote LP on this thread.

Doesn't add up!!!

Personally I don't care if they open 6 floating markets here. A lot of these places are a convenient way of washing money, and not really targeting the Farang ex pats. I pass the FM on Soi112 most days and there still seems to be plenty of visitors.
Fortunately many of the young shop clerks do speak some English. A market may well have many VISITORS. Visitors are not neccessarily the same as BUYERS. Most of them seem to be browsers.

I agree completely with Mr. Plums contribution.
And yes, I'm retired and prefer using my time not getting drunk with "mates" in bars.
I do have a lot of time on my hands.
And yes, I do know a lot about retail trade, marketing and market research which many Thais and some of you obviously don't.

:thumb:
A friend is only one click away
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

For a start they are not floating markets just shops around a lake, Thais are the main visitors as for most foreigners it is seen one seen them all, they really have little difference whether in Hua Hin or Aruthaya, all much the same T shirts, jeans and the same stuff as most street markets.

And as has been said previously many window shopping but few purchasing. Just like massage shops here today gone tomorrow and the boyfriends/husbands money gone down the drain

been to a few will not go to anymore
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Was at the 1st one down 112 last mid-week..only 10% of shops open..they ought to re-name them WEEKEND floating markets cos that's when the buses of BKK Thais arrive in their hoards..BUT maybe these shops make enuf on Sat & Sun with these bus-trips to keep them afloat..?
...(Afloat.. :duck: ..ha-ha-haa!)
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

usual suspect wrote:Was at the 1st one down 112 last mid-week..only 10% of shops open..they ought to re-name them WEEKEND floating markets cos that's when the buses of BKK Thais arrive in their hoards..BUT maybe these shops make enuf on Sat & Sun with these bus-trips to keep them afloat..?
...(Afloat.. :duck: ..ha-ha-haa!)
And for the rest of the week they are drowning their sorrows :D

Sorry. Yes of course I'll leave the room now!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain