African's swarming to hua hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
petesie
Amateur
Amateur

Re: African's swarming to hua hin?

Post by petesie »

Afro-French are on the increase as are ATM scams; they get their French benefits paid directly to their banks.

TAT have targeted the Asian markets for the last few years hence the increase in Indians etc. The bars don't like them as they don't buy a drink and think the barfine is for the girl for all of them for all night... :tsk:

I stayed at the Siam Bayview in Patts last year and when we got in the lift a Thai girl was on the floor in tears; my GF and I took her to our room and calmed her down and got her story.

She'd been picked up by one Indian who took her back to his Loom where 5 friends were waiting and they repeatedly abused this girl all night then kicked her out with no money. We offered to get the BIB but the girl said they would just arrest her. I did complain to the management who said they were helpless; the receptionist told me privately later that the deals from TAT allowed them to stay 4 to a room.

I don't know about anywhere else in LoS but they are definetely not liked in Pattaya. :?

I noticed a few weeks back that there were a fair few Africans wandering about but they were not tourists.
Your here now where you should have been all along........
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

1) Injuns should stay in their Injun camps in the USA.
2) Africans should be required to wear a bicycle lamp after dark.
3) HH tailors should be punished for verbosity, loitering, and harassment.
4) Drunk Brits, Aussies and ditto Germans should shut up and stay in Pattaya.
5) Anyone carrying a knife outside the kitchen should be hung by his balls.
6) Soi dawgs should be neutered - dead or alive.
etc. etc. etc.

humor, sarcasm and/or irony may apply to the above.
A friend is only one click away
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Lung Per said...
humor, sarcasm and/or irony with a splash of insults in the league of the most racist dinosaurs on this planet that 'just don't get it', may apply to the above.
Just changed that for you there you 'ol joker you.

I applaud your wit and humour. Where are you from.... ?

Edit: I get what ya saying - if you read the first reply it was in the same tone. Maybe I'm simply getting a humour malfunction on a couple of your lines... :cheers:
Last edited by GLCQuantum on Wed May 16, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Gus wrote:FWIW I am so thick I cannot understand how all those (tailors?) can work quite openly yet a Farang nips behind a bar and BANG, he's busted.
Maybe because they're Thai?
Talk is cheap
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

^

:thumb:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well, it seems this post has drifted from Africans to Indians, but nonetheless...............

1) If you actually chat to a few of the tailors, you'll find that many of them are NOT Indian

2) Yes, it seems many Thai do not like Indians.This could of course be because they seen the Indians as being cheating/cheap charlie type of people, but in truth, it's probably because Indians are one step ahead. Just as the Thais look down on anyone who isn't Thai, the Indians look down on the Thais.

As far as Africans are concerned.............. Well, to answer GLC's question............you won't need to see them. Coming from the dark continent myself, I can assure you, you'll know when they arrive, if they do.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

As far as Africans are concerned.............. Well, to answer GLC's question............you won't need to see them. Coming from the dark continent myself, I can assure you, you'll know when they arrive, if they do.
Two of my closest friend's in Bangkok are African - I'm still not sure what you are implying.
FarangFarmer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FarangFarmer »

This is one of the most racist threads I have read in a long time. (Well to be honest, I half-read them, and when I think I can sense the sentiment of the poster and it is racist, I move to the next one.

We all know people from different countries and continents as teachers, sportsmen and sportswomen, musicians and honest hard working people. We all know people from different countries and continents as crooks, scumbags, dishonest and rude people. Think about your own country for a moment, your own race, your own city or even your own hometown. Both sets probably exist. Some you befriend and some you ignore and dont engage with. Peoples characters and behaviour are what set people apart, not their appearance. Of course similar poor behaviour seems to get associated with people from similar backgrounds, but the same poor behaviour exists in people from dissimilar backgrounds.

Its nothing to do with being PC, and please dont label me as such. Its not right to label any race with any type of behaviour. The Thai massage girls referred to are entitled to be sceptical with one race if they have had bad experiences, they are not exactly in a profession where they can reverse their encounter that easily and this is an example where the actions of some have damaged the reputation for all. But the rules applied by vulnerable uneducated Massage girls, should not apply to us all. Our lifestyle rules allow us to make choices. We all have a choice to befriend people from other cultures and countries or not. And we all have a choice whether to engage in this racist thread or to object to it.

Maybe most of the posters on this topic, don't live here, but if you do, and you want to fill Hua Hin full of Racist thugs, BNP heads, then post away and let your views be known, but to the decent folk in Hua Hin, we do not all hold that view and any law abiding citizen is welcome. (IMO)
FarangFarmer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FarangFarmer »

slight addendum to my last post.
I thought that after making a statement that most of the posters on this topic appear to be racist, that I should actually read the thread in full. Thankfully most of you have reacted to some of the stereotypical racist sentiments expressed. Good for you. Happy to live amongst most of you.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Dream on pal. Perhaps you should go and live in Africa for a few years. Oh, and if you choose South Africa, my advice would be for you to leave your wife and kids here.

Lastly, given your last two posts, I find it quite strange that you've chosen such a racist country to live in.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

If you have lived in Thailand for a while you will know that the worst racists, generally speaking, are the Thais.
A friend is only one click away
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

As Aristotle was quoted as saying that the two last virtues of a dying society are tolerance and apathy...
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I'm beginning to think Cherie Blair has an account or two on here these days. :run:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Think you'll find most of the tailor boys in HH are Nepalese
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

bill wrote:read stickman this week and a reference was made stating that african's were being pushed out of bkk soi 2-4 by police and were swarming into hua hin. question has anyone noticed them down in bida?
OMG I think I may have seen one of them recently, or at least I think I may have.Down at M.V near the main car park exit
what should we do now?
Complexity is so simply overrated