Tesco moving to Soi 112

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Tesco moving to Soi 112

Post by sateeb »

I heard a whisper last night that Tesco are definitely NOT pulling out of MV and are in fact going to expand the current store...Tesco are building a distribution warehouse though on Soi 88.

Interesting times indeed.....watch this space

My informant was quoting someone high up in the Tesco hierarchy.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

That's why I originally asked if it was a rumor or verified. We hear these things about once a month and about one out of twenty actually pan out.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Sateeb, Hard to see how they could expand the MV store. The carparking, storage requirements at the back, homepro above and the need to get cars/bikes from one side to the other (to get out), seem to make any expansion there a non-starter (or at least, interesting !).

I also drove past the soi 112 site mentioned by JW, and also think it is too small. Surely, they would be looking for a plot size of something like the one in Pranburi - so unless they are currently negotiating to buy the adjoining plots for parking, it wouldnt seem to make much sense.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

sateeb wrote: My informant was quoting someone high up in the Tesco hierarchy.
NitNoi the cashier :D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

As I said before...watch this space. I also heard they were opening a Spurs store in cubicle 2 in the gents toilet on the 2nd floor :neener:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

sateeb wrote:As I said before...watch this space. I also heard they were opening a Spurs store in cubicle 2 in the gents toilet on the 2nd floor :neener:
Will they keep the massage shop in the basement parking area?
:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
lizzy

Post by lizzy »

How will they access the warehouse on soi 88? It's hard enough to drive a small Honda Jazz between the parked cars, bikes and vans!
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

It would make more sense for Tesco to put up a new store close to Cha Am, especially will the recently disclosed 5,600+ Energy condo and 5 star hotel going in about 1/2 a click from Springfield Condo and two smaller ones a little bit further north. Lots of growth in Cha Am lately.

That would give them stores nearly equidistant from Pranburi to HuaHin to Cha Am to Tha Yang.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Any updates? Ar Tesco in fact opening on Soi 112?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Isn't it there already? I was down that way yesterday and saw a medium sized Tesco Lotus store, which must have been somewhere close to Soi 112.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

There is a small Tesco lotus Express opened on Petchkasem near to Soi 114 just past the small petrol station....as for the expected big one on Soi 112...NADA....Looks they are building shop houses on that land.

― George Carlin
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

New one sateeb is talking about is bloody great, nice size - everything you need and plenty of parking, only problem is that when the crazy market is on its a bit mad getting in an out!
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

lizzy wrote:How will they access the warehouse on soi 88? It's hard enough to drive a small Honda Jazz between the parked cars, bikes and vans!
Think they mean at the bottom of 88 behind the big electrical store
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

JW wrote:New one sateeb is talking about is bloody great, nice size - everything you need and plenty of parking, only problem is that when the crazy market is on its a bit mad getting in an out!
Though I have no idea why, being on the main road to Pranburi, it's not open 24 hours! 6am - 10pm opening times.
lagojardin

Post by lagojardin »

JW wrote:New one sateeb is talking about is bloody great, nice size - everything you need and plenty of parking, only problem is that when the crazy market is on its a bit mad getting in an out!

Called in last week on the way to Pranburi, Agree with JW, its bloody great.. its like the tardis when you step through the doors, plenty big enough. Theres loads of parking and a good variety of foodstuffs. Why go into MV?