Do monks still do Alms rounds down Bintabaht?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Rider
Ace
Ace

Do monks still do Alms rounds down Bintabaht?

Post by Rider »

Just making up a video for the net and I was wondering if this still went on?

I know Bintabaht takes its name from the alms rounds the monks used to do, but I wonder if they still tread the wanton streets by morning time?
Perhaps some of the girls are up early to give then a coin or two?
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Re: Do monks still do Alms rounds down Bintabaht?

Post by Sabai Jai »

Hello Rider

Looks like not many members are around at that time!

Some years back when I spent longer in Hua Hin (and was younger) I knew it was time to go home to bed when they came past the Bar....

I think the best place to see them now is at the top corner of the Market opposite where the Songtaews for Takiab park up - The Market traders have a sort of table there with offerings for the Monks. You can 'Korpee' (Local Coffee) and Patunko there 4am to 6am and watch the market setting up.

If I've just arrived 9and still on London time) I like to sit there then strol down the fishing piers..

Regards Sabai Jai
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, when I'm in town I'm generally out at night far too late to be getting up at that time, but not late enough to still be up!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Rider wrote:Just making up a video for the net and I was wondering if this still went on?

I know Bintabaht takes its name from the alms rounds the monks used to do, but I wonder if they still tread the wanton streets by morning time?
Well they did on New Years morning

I realised it was time to go home when they arrived. First off thought it was fake monks but my mate said 'Richard, do you know what time it is?' Sure enough the sun was coming up :( :(
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

On the Kings Birthday(Sunday) there were quite a lot of monks and also quite a lot of Thais in Join One bar for a service, this would have been around 11-30 am.
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

richard wrote:
Rider wrote:Just making up a video for the net and I was wondering if this still went on?

Well they did on New Years morning

I realised it was time to go home when they arrived. First off thought it was fake monks but my mate said 'Richard, do you know what time it is?' Sure enough the sun was coming up :( :(
Thanks for all that information guys, well done for having eye's on the ground Richard, I was really expecting this not to be the case! :)
I may have to make a few 0500 hrs missions to see the monks doing their bintabaht thing in the future :)
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

There's also quite a bit of Alms (and legs) giving to monks in brown uniforms late evening :guns: :guns:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

Yeah I hear now that the BIB are shutting down the bintabaht at midnight now! WTF is that all about?!