Englishman robbed and killed in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Englishman robbed and killed in Hua Hin?

Post by JimmyGreaves »

BaaBaa. wrote: I hope nobody gives Drummond any info as the man has repeatedly slated this forum in past "reports"

Again, sincere condolences.
Rest in Peace Ray.

Andrew Drummond's site is a good source for exposing evil in this town and Thailand!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
buksida

Post by buksida »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
Andrew Drummond's site is a good source for exposing evil in this town and Thailand!
Not when it wrongly includes this forum in its lists of evils it isn't.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
tarakandi
Banned
Banned

Post by tarakandi »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
BaaBaa. wrote: I hope nobody gives Drummond any info as the man has repeatedly slated this forum in past "reports"

Again, sincere condolences.
Rest in Peace Ray.

I agree, he is a first rate investigative journalist, but I don’t see much to report here, except casting Hua Hin in a bad light.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

:offtopic:

This thread has been provided to post messages of condolence, not to discuss someone elses website.
Daughter
Novice
Novice

Post by Daughter »

Thanks again to all who have taken the time to post such kind words. I have been informed by email of private messages but the website says I am not authorised to read them so I don't know what they say and I can not respond. Does anyone know how I can access them? I would be most grateful also to have any helpful advice anyone can give on the following topics:
The cost and process of flying my dad back to the uk to be buried as he did not want a cremation(Even though funds are limited and I believe it to be very costly, any info will be appreciated). How I can protect my dads assets so they don't fall into the wrong hands. Although I have very kind friends in Thailand enquiring on my behalf as to what can be done, I am unfamiliar with Thai law and would welcome any further help with open arms. X
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Due to the software's security setup PMs and links are forbidden to newly registered users with less that ten posts.

However under the circumstances we'll make an exception for your account. You should have access to them now.
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

Sincere condolences on your tragic loss.

These 2 links may be of some help :

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentc ... G_10029476

www.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/2855621/death-overseas

The British Embassy in Bangkok is also required to give assistance and help you in these circumstances.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Daughter - I can't help with info on costs - but am sure others can (and the Embassy of course.) One thing I do know is that the cost of keeping your Dad there will be mounting day by day, and with his Thai wife apparently on the run (or even if she is now arrested) the concern is to find someone who can take care of matters for you in HuaHin pending his return home.
On a purely practical cash note - I assume he was drawing a UK State Pension. If it was going straight into a bank account which he was accessing in Thailand via ATM card - it needs to be stopped as soon as possible. Any UK bank account used by him in Thailand also needs to be closed.
I know this will be difficult without a death certificate - but Thai wives with ATM cards are not to be trusted, especially in these circumstances.

BTW very kind of Lev to relax the rules here - I sent a pm myself.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Thai wives with ATM cards are not to be trusted,
Only Thai?
no more dePreston
gang warily
Novice
Novice

Post by gang warily »

Daughter wrote:Thanks again to all who have taken the time to post such kind words. I have been informed by email of private messages but the website says I am not authorised to read them so I don't know what they say and I can not respond. Does anyone know how I can access them? I would be most grateful also to have any helpful advice anyone can give on the following topics:
The cost and process of flying my dad back to the uk to be buried as he did not want a cremation(Even though funds are limited and I believe it to be very costly, any info will be appreciated). How I can protect my dads assets so they don't fall into the wrong hands. Although I have very kind friends in Thailand enquiring on my behalf as to what can be done, I am unfamiliar with Thai law and would welcome any further help with open arms. X
Andrew Drummond co-operated with lawyer Boonchoo Yensabai (formerly lawyer for the FCCT) and PI David Milne in the Toby Charnaud case a few years ago. Boonchu managed to get the assets so they would not pass to his wife but his young son. Suggest you contact one of them. They are all in the book I am sure. The Embassy will not help in this regard.
I think Drummond's criticism's of this site were contained to the fact that HHAD will not criticise any property developer in Hua Hin and thus people continue to get ripped off. As the administrators admit this is true and even this week are restricting comments in the propetry section I think it is probably fair comment.
I don't think there is much to investigate in this case but the family's interests need to be looked after and they will no doubt be looking for any evidence of what Ray planned to do with his inheritance.
Grim Reaper
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Grim Reaper »

gang warily, final warning - ignore the forum Administrator again and you are banned.

For the record:
Drummond openly accused this website of being involved in an attempted murder simply because of one of its advertisers and a vague similarity in their color schemes. He made no attempt to contact HHAD's owners for their input into the story but drew and published his own conclusions - that is poor journalism in any ones book.

The forum must protect itself from legal action and threats by Hua Hin's property developers including the one involved in the incident above as he too threatened the site and its owners financially and personally as have a number of others, including the one you refer to in this 'week's thread'.

Now for the last time, back to the topic. We will not tolerate any further mention of this person and website that obviously has so much unjustified repugnance for HHAD. Those involved have enough information already to make up their own minds.

We apologize for the stress caused and this thread spiraling off topic, it will be controlled from now on.
You reap what you sow
tarakandi
Banned
Banned

Post by tarakandi »

Daughter

Please accepted my sincere condolences.
jockey1975
Novice
Novice

Post by jockey1975 »

Hi All

Firstly, let me offer my sincere condolences to you for the loss of your Dad, I have known Ray for quite a while and as others have said he wouldn't hurt a fly.

My Dad was a good friend of Ray's and the one who I understand found him. I have spoken to the Thai consul albeit very briefly in London and have also got in touch with the Telegraph newspaper who are looking into the case to hopefully put some international pressure on what is a tragic story carried out through pure evil and greed.

We are trying to find stories published in the Thai media (some of which I have heard are complete rubbish) so I would be grateful for any links etc. My Thai is non existant and the search engine translations are not very good, so any pointers in that area would also be appreciated.

Many thanks

Richard
buksida

Post by buksida »

jockey1975 wrote: We are trying to find stories published in the Thai media (some of which I have heard are complete rubbish) so I would be grateful for any links etc. My Thai is non existant and the search engine translations are not very good, so any pointers in that area would also be appreciated.
There are a couple on the first and second pages of this thread, the others were in the Thairath newspaper but they were removed out of respect. Thai newspapers deal with death differently to those in the west and frequently display graphic images.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

jockey1975 wrote:
We are trying to find stories published in the Thai media (some of which I have heard are complete rubbish) so I would be grateful for any links etc. My Thai is non existant and the search engine translations are not very good, so any pointers in that area would also be appreciated.

There is an extensive report in yesterday's local Prachuabkirikhan broadsheet newspaper, though there is no online version, apparently.

Unfortunately, there is a very distasteful photograph of the crime scene on the front page - why do they have to do this?

Daughter, my condolences once again and I do hope you can get your dad home quickly.

Ray was an occasional customer in our restaurant, and a customer of my cook when she had her own place before.
He was a gentleman in every respect and my Thai staff are also sickened by the words and acts of the woman responsible, because they knew Ray as being a very nice, kind man.