New highway from BKK

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
seasiaman
Novice
Novice

New highway from BKK

Post by seasiaman »

Have seen a lot recently in the Thai press (like today's Bangkok Post) about the proposed new short cut across the corner of the Gulf to improve road travel to the south. What do people there in HH think about this? Will it make HH more accesssible to the masses and spoil its charm? Good for HH's prosperity? What about the environmental issues further north where the road's proposed to be built? (My wife and I are veteran travellers in TH for 25 yrs and want to retire there soon - and HH is on our short list).
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

IMO it would be good to have such a highway to cut down the travelling time to BKK. I don't think it would impact HH to that extent as it will probably only save an hour on the journey. More business here can only be a good thing.

Not sure if it will ever go ahead though, with the amount of unfinished projects in bangkok this one will probably stop in the ocean! The money allocated for the entire project usually runs out before completion as it has been filtered off by corrupt officials, leaving unsightly concrete posts and half a highway ... TIT.
Thomas

airplane

Post by Thomas »

Actualy it is NOT very expencive to fly from BKK to HH, the only problem it is only one flight dayly