Common topics, please read before posting.

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Jockey wrote::twisted: Where can I find a summary of all the topics that keep cropping up time after time?
You have to get a mini bus from Hua Hin to Bangkok and you find it posted on Bayoke Tower just where the minibus stops.

You can catch the mini bus in Cha Am by getting a mate to phone you when one has left Hua Hin and then 20 minutes later stand in the fast lane of Petchakasem with your hand outstretched.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

janeria wrote:Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. It seems to me that if in doubt and it is an item I really cannot do without bring it with me (female logic)
If you are of retirement age and on any regular medication, you may want to look at bringing a supply with you. One particular med that I am supposed to take is just on 5 times the price here, and that for only half the prescribed strength. One other is not available at all, as it was only recently approved in Australia. I have not been able to find a common 100 mg asprin here, although 80 mg is available and a reasonable price. Like everything else, you need to be careful of what and where you buy medications. The bigger hospitals have most modern drugs, but if they are imported then you may not be able to afford them long term. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
janeria
Novice
Novice

Post by janeria »

Thank you Nereus for your advice. I have been in touch with the San Paulo hospital about medication and cost. Although I have seen a number of derogatory articles about this hospital, I must give credit where credit is due, the staff were extremely helpful about my enquiries and even emailed me with details of the medication they are able to supply and the cost.

Have you ever considered buying medication over the net - I have not made any real enquiries about this method but wondered if you have come across it ?
Life is what you make it
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

janeria wrote:.

Have you ever considered buying medication over the net - I have not made any real enquiries about this method but wondered if you have come across it ?
No, I personally have not looked into this. I have seen some advertisements which state, "cannot ship to Thailand". I think that you would have to look into it very closely regarding the "import". There are bound to be laws covering it, and probably taxes to pay. My main concern is the long term cost of some imported drugs that are available here. As an example: 80 mg Lipitor cost me 28 Baht / tablet in Australia; here the best I could find was 110 Baht for one 40 mg tablet---with the comment "you can take two"! It is just something else that you need to factor in that is easy to overlook. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Suggest starting new threads here, this one is for common topics only.
Gaybob

Post by Gaybob »

Brilliant, helps a great deal
Carpe Diem
bluke
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bluke »

I have been reading the forums for several years so thought it was about time I introduced myself.
As a twice yearly visitor to Hua Hin its good to hear all the up to date news and to keep abreast of the changes through the forums.
Keep up the good work.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Hi and welcome to the board bluke.
Stay tuned and keep on posting.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
Gregneil1
Novice
Novice

Post by Gregneil1 »

Thanks for consolidating all this info!
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Lev, There's loads of useful info here from Thai consulate in UK, you may want to add it to the 'common topics'.

Stuff on visas, visa fees, passports, retirements, working, property, approved lawyers, driving licences, health, tax, marriage etc etc

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/visas1.asp

SJ
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Thank you

Post by Lung Per »

My sincere thanks to all who are involved in managing, editing and contributing to this site. Despite a lot of small talk which admittedly can be quite entertaining, it is a goldmine of information. No Less. Thank you.
A friend is only one click away
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Apparently a problem with the supplied link SJ.

Try this instead: http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
STEVIEBALE
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Common topics, please read before posting.

Post by STEVIEBALE »

would like to compliment the moderators and administrators - this forum is excellent for hh and i hope that you are recognised by the local authorities for such great work
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

These are a few years old now so we'll have to update the common topics list, the search function is the best way to find something fast.
a3r1us
Rookie
Rookie

Post by a3r1us »

Thanks for this. In hh now and v useful.