Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Sabai Jai »

Hello Vital Spark

Couldn't access your link - my little notebook says "unknown protocol" but it is a bit old

My maid - who is Hua Hin born and bred, said I might not see her tomorrow as she has only a motorbike - not a boat!

Regards Sabai Jai
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Sabai Jai - You don't need to worry tonight - nothing coming your way for a while... :wink:
MaxthonSnap20161109185113.png
MaxthonSnap20161109185113.png (210.78 KiB) Viewed 2382 times
BTW: If you type https://earth.nullschool.net into your search bar, you should be able to access the site. You can have a lot of fun looking at pretty images if you click the 'Earth' tab.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

We've just had many hours of very heavy rain and local flooding in the Rayong/Sattahip area, ending at about 1330 hours. Radar shows the storms are now over the gulf heading west directly toward Hua Hin. Wouldn't be surprised if you're in for a wet evening. Also, much cooler air behind the wet....dropped about 5 degrees here this afternoon. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

prcscct wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if you're in for a wet evening.
I would, we had our rainy season a couple of weeks ago - that was enough until next year :wink:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Down here in Bang Saphan lots of thunder today, and ominous skies, but only a light shower so far
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Blimey! I thought the rainy season had finished, but I've just checked my favourite site and this is what I see. Pink is seriously bad, and it's coming my way.
Weather.png
Weather.png (232.86 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
VS :shock:
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So far not even a spit!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, we just have to accept it rains in Hua Hin, once a year (not referring to 30 to 60 minute showers). We've already had our wet season a couple of weeks ago.

I was on the beach last night and there was plenty of lightning out to sea, but it doesn't reach shore very often.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

There's lots of thunder out to sea right now.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Lots of rumbling thunder around the Lodge this morning & the skies toward Pa La U look full of rain........
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Three cheers for the weather! :dance: :dance: :dance: Where I am, flirting with 20c at night and under 30c during the day. Feels like proper autumn weather. Long may it last. I could learn to love this place again! :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree:

Points 48; Position 18
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Hey Guys, whats with the rain and storms, I see in the deep south there is flooding, and everything.
It is December now, so when is the normal Winter weather starting? I hope the reservoirs are now
up to the proper levels for this time of year. Hope to see some of you in a watering hole, or
popular bar in Mid Jan. or Feb during my visit
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Will Christmas rain history repeat itself for the 3rd year in a row? We'll see. :D Pete :cheers:

December 17, 2015 posts:
Big Boy wrote:What's this I can hear? Rain? I thought we'd had our lot until at least April.
prcscct wrote:I recalled some rain around Christmas 2014, and New Years. Sure enough, go back and look at pages 109-110. Maybe it will be the same this year. Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ We got our Christmas rain yesterday afternoon and this evening in Rayong. 30 minute downpour yesterday and 1 hour of showers this evening. 3 years in a row now. Pete :cheers: