Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by hhinner »

Possible rain over the weekend and early next week according to several weather web sites. Maybe we're going to get an early rainy season this year?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Nooooooooooo! I'm back in 10 days from a soggy and cold UK! I want 43C and blue skies.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

hhinner wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:18 pm Possible rain over the weekend and early next week according to several weather web sites. Maybe we're going to get an early rainy season this year?
We didn't really get the dry season!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by hhinner »

HHTel wrote:
hhinner wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:18 pm Possible rain over the weekend and early next week according to several weather web sites. Maybe we're going to get an early rainy season this year?
We didn't really get the dry season!
Didn't really have a rainy season last year either in these parts. Pranburi dam water level was lower when I went in November than it was when I went in April.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The Thai Meteorological Department has warned that variable weather conditions – with thunderstorms, gusty winds and hail – will be likely in the North, Northeast, Central and East from March 25 to 29.

Outbreaks of erratic weather will also bring a decrease in temperature, the department said on Friday.

Summer thunderstorms will be likely in much of the Northeast and the East including Bangkok and its vicinity this weekend.

More summer thunderstorms are forecast during March 27-29 in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Uttaradit, Phetchabun, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Chon Buri including Pattaya City, Rayong, Lop Buri and Saraburi as well as Bangkok and vicinity.

Outbreaks of isolated heavy rain will be likely in the South, especially in Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phuket and Phangnga.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Near Emerald Golf Course on the east side here near Ban Chang. The forecast is coming true. Pete :cheers:
17495940_623509927839855_713930085_n.jpg
17495940_623509927839855_713930085_n.jpg (38.71 KiB) Viewed 900 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, the outlaws have been sending weather videos from Isaan - looks a touch damp.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The rain has reached the Cha Am area so I assume in HH as well, nice to get some fairly heavy rain at this time of year
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, it's certainly been pouring down here since 6:30 when I woke up.

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ 6.30? AM? It's been raining steadily here (Smorphrong) since a bit after 9 last night.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The footie finished about 1am, and although there was plenty of thunder and lightning, we were dry in the Soi 94 area.

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:56 am Yes, it's certainly been pouring down here since 6:30 when I woke up.
Yes, here on the eastern front since 0500 and still going but sky is bright to the east so I expect it's about over soon for the day. Enough water to last the garden for a week and filled the pool. Pete :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Seems to have stopped here about 20 minutes ago.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Wow!!! There's one of the blackest skies I've seen for a long time heading straight for my front door. I think were going to get wet in a minute.

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:24 am Wow!!! There's one of the blackest skies I've seen for a long time heading straight for my front door. I think were going to get wet in a minute.
It was coming down here in the east from about 0430 to 0700....HARD. They expect these kind of storms for the next 3 days throughout the country. Pete :cheers: