Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:Really? We've had a couple of showers, but nothing that I would call rain.
I know from past experience that the rain varies considerably, even within specific areas of HH, but where we live closer towards Cha Am, there has been more rain this year than in the previous 4 or 5 years I have been permanently resident in the area.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just seen this from last night in Hua Hin. I think I'm living in an alternate Hua Hin :?
flood.jpg
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Sure this was last night? That's Phetchkasem at Soi 10, and we live at Smor Phrong and no sign of rain here last night. I'd believe it if it was this evening; we had torrential rain.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Whenever, I must live in a different Hua Hin - we had a light shower at about 6.

Points 48; Position 20
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Big Boy wrote:Whenever, I must live in a different Hua Hin - we had a light shower at about 6.
That is the strange thing about Hua Hin and the area surrounding the city. Some places can have torrential rain while others not a single drop. On many occasions I have seen the dark clouds gathering inland and expecting heavy rains, but an hour or two later no rain and the sky is again blue with scattered clouds. I'm not a meteorologist so I cannot explain why it is so, but very common indeed. So when the northern parts from the city has rain, southern areas might not have any and vice versa.
YNWA
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

huahin4ever wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Whenever, I must live in a different Hua Hin - we had a light shower at about 6.
That is the strange thing about Hua Hin and the area surrounding the city. Some places can have torrential rain while others not a single drop. On many occasions I have seen the dark clouds gathering inland and expecting heavy rains, but an hour or two later no rain and the sky is again blue with scattered clouds. I'm not a meteorologist so I cannot explain why it is so, but very common indeed. So when the northern parts from the city has rain, southern areas might not have any and vice versa.
We get that here in Bang Saphan too. A couple times I went to town, about 5 km away and it was pouring rain. When I got back home, nothing. My wife and MIL didn't believe me, it was so nice at home they went and checked the truck for water!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Again, we're getting our regular thunder and lightning tonight, but I doubt it will bring rain to this part of town.

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

And we can see the lightning way off to the south, but can't even hear any thunder. Yet.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ very strange how rain falls in such small areas. My home is in soi 6 and yesterday from
Late afternoon to early evening my swimming pool
was close to brimming due to the downpours. I drive back to BKK very early this morning and there was no sign of rain on departure ...by Cha Am it was throwing it down, by Thai Yang I was struggling with the deluge, by Petchaburi I had to stop as the outside lanes were flooded and following the trucks was not an option. Just a few km makes a huge difference.... Strange
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

My Condo in Bangkok is on the top floor of only 8 floors. A few days ago it was raining on the south facing wall and completely dry just around the corner on the east wall! :shock:
There was no wind, which is also unusual, and probably part of the reason.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Chucking it down in Soi 112
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes. it stopped this evening's walk on the beach :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

2016's winter is here: temperatures dropped to 6 degrees Celsius Monday morning at Doi Intanon. (Courtesy of Khaosod English.)
phpNpEIHUPM.jpg
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But Doi Inthanon is always cold. I loved it up there.

Points 48; Position 20