Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Dannie Boy »

There's quite a lot of rain that's been dumped overnight and it's still raining now and forecast for more during the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:There's quite a lot of rain that's been dumped overnight and it's still raining now and forecast for more during the day.
and I should have added tomorrow, i.e. today - fairly lashed it down this morning for a few hours so standing water everywhere.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

I had luckily just managed to finish my morning walk before the heavans once again pulled out the plug :-)
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I loved it! I joined another forum member for a mid day beer and it was cool and a no sweat afternoon. I wish it could always be like today. I've lived here for ten years, the middle east for 4 years, Florida for 4 years, California for 15 years and I think sun is overrated. :P :P :P
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Jeezeez, what a huge build up of towering CB clouds to the east of Bangkok. It has come in like this a few times in the last week, but passes over without dropping any rain. This lot is spectacular with classical anvil shaped formations protruding from it. :shock:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

On the other end of those clouds we almost got washed away 2 hours ago. Torrential for about 90 minutes....but much cooler air behind it which is nice. :D Daughters school parking lot flooded out and kids had to use a different escape route. :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I see the blob approaching Bangkok that you're talking about Nereus, if you see the link before the satellite updates. Seems like more on our heads here shortly as well. Pete

http://www.sattmet.tmd.go.th/newversion/mergesat.html
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:I see the blob approaching Bangkok that you're talking about Nereus, if you see the link before the satellite updates. Seems like more on our heads here shortly as well. Pete
http://www.sattmet.tmd.go.th/newversion/mergesat.html
Well, I guess the Weather God has been checking these posts, and must have peeded him off,
because there has been banging and flashing and a downpour for the last hour or so! :shock:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Will be there on Friday, and it may sound funny, but please hold that stormy weather for me. Living in Southern California I miss it.

Not for the whole vacation mind you
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You guys aren't getting wet over there today? Satellite shot deceives me if not. We have had more rain in the east here in the past 5 days or so than we had the entire months of August and September. Strange patterns....but I won't complain as we still need it. Pete
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No. We didn't get any yesterday either.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

We've had a very entertaining last hour or so, thunder and lightening to wake the dead and a very heavy downpour which has now subsided.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I thought we were going to have to put on the life preservers and man the lifeboats there for a while. That was one of the hardest rains I've seen in my years here, but passed within about 20 minutes to a much lighter downpour.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yeah, what we got here yesterday was heading east out over the gulf so assume that's what you got. Very low clouds, this morning also, which I think accounts for the loud thunder/lightening. The sky looks like it does when April thundershowers start. Pete
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:We've had a very entertaining last hour or so, thunder and lightening to wake the dead and a very heavy downpour which has now subsided.
hhfarang wrote:I thought we were going to have to put on the life preservers and man the lifeboats there for a while. That was one of the hardest rains I've seen in my years here, but passed within about 20 minutes to a much lighter downpour.
Really? :shock: I live just around the corner from HHF. I heard a couple of distant rumbles, but that was it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18