Search found 2302 matches
- Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:24 pm
- Forum: Motoring
- Topic: Hua Hin's most dangerous pedestrian crossing
- Replies: 72
- Views: 3293
I remember when visiting Canada one year. I was with a friend walking back to his car late at night, we came to a crossing at a traffic light, looking all 4 ways there were no lights to be seen for hundreds of yards in any direction. I started to cross and he scolded me and we stood there waiting fo...
- Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:22 am
- Forum: News
- Topic: Chinese tourists (and their habits) surge into Thailand
- Replies: 113
- Views: 17068
You know that there are 1.3 billion of them. This is just th estart of the Chinese Tourists, each year it will increase. They like 'set pieces to get out and look at, HH has those statues and the water park but not much else, that might just save us. RGeir tour groups can be HUGE, 200 on 5 buses, ju...
There is a Canadian specialty, more a Quebec specialty--Tourtiere, a flat pork pie. It is traditionally eaten at a special meal, Reveillon (Wake up) eaten when you get home from Midnight Mass on Christmas night. Trust the French to think of a meal to eat at 2am.
- Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:55 am
- Forum: Legal, Visa, Finances & Employment
- Topic: Opening a bank account which bank?
- Replies: 54
- Views: 9262
Many Thai people just cant be bothered to do the work for which they are paid and the unreasonable demands are just part of a way to avoid work. I have 2 policies. Always go early in the morning and I take with me a Thai lady friend who is useless but has a warm friendly manner.
- Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 am
- Forum: Flights, Airlines & Airports
- Topic: Arrival to carousel time at BKK airport?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 2466
I have been ona bus that did HH to BKK in 2h 50m too, but that is very unusual. I plan on 3h 20m and it can be longer.
- Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:30 am
- Forum: Motoring
- Topic: How can Thailand curb its appalling road fatality rate?
- Replies: 183
- Views: 16656
Your offence is that you are a farang, are here in Thailand and you are driving or riding on Thai roads.